As with anybody else at this time of the year, we like to set out a list of goals for the coming year. Especially when so many peoples plans were put on hold last year.
Yes there are the usual new year resolutions, get fit, eat healthily, drink less, travel more, etc. etc.. But the only way I see of achieving these worthwhile endeavours is to replace the causes with distractions. Hopefully, this list will help. Though we’re off to a stuttering start. Another lockdown. I am going to put these goals into practice.
- I plan to publish to my social media accounts one image a day. If I can’t get out to take new images, I will find an image from archive and publish that.
- Publish a collection, again to my social media accounts, eight to ten images taken from those shot during the week.
- Keep this website up to date.
- Publish a new blog each month.
- Visit somewhere new every month, with a weekend away every 3 months, again out of this area.
- Find new photographic challenges and projects. New ways to photograph the familiar.
If I can make some money and see my work published, that would be nice too.
Yes, this is a tall order, especially at the moment but I need to push myself away from my comfort zones. After all we’re not getting any younger and in some respects we don’t know what the future will bring. So positive thought and onwards.